I'm doing a vlog today. A couple of sweet bloggers, Chamel and Brittney, awarded me with the Liebster blogger award! The Liebster award is intended for blogs with under 200 followers, but I totally think I still qualify, because (1) at the time of receiving the award I had less than 200 followers on Bloglovin, and (2) I have less than 200 followers on Twitter.
So I qualify. And I'll probably use the same rules when I pass the award back out.
Part of the award is answering a list of questions from the person who gave it to you, and I thought it would be fun to do a vlog for the questions! So that's what I did.
A couple things to note:
1. I'm talking really fast and probably didn't explain myself the best because I was trying REALLY hard to keep this video under five minutes . . . and I failed. But only by a minute. Forgive how rushed this feels.
2. I was debating straightening my hair before the blog, but decided to forget it. There is one little curl that is sticking out from my head and it's driving me nuts. Oh well.
3. I really didn't take a lot of time to think through all my answers for this, so you get the improv version of me - ha! Which is probably more fun and conversational anyway. Because most people don't rehearse their conversations before they have them.
4. All those loud hammering noises are from Derek hammering nails outside the window. He's fixing our porch because it was rotting away, and it's become a huge project.
5. Here are the questions I'm answering in the vlog, along with their corresponding start points in the video - that way you can skip to the questions that most interest you. Please take advantage of this information and skip over my rambling to your heart's content! It won't hurt my feelings.
What is your favorite movie? 0:24
What encourages you the most? 0:39
What is your favorite Scripture and why? 0:51
What is your hobby? 1:29
Where do you like to shop? 1:42
What is unique about you? 2:19
What is your favorite thing about blogging? 2:42
What is your favorite concert that you've been to? 3:17
What would be your advice for an upcoming high school senior? 3:49
What is your favorite season? 4:52
What are three words that describe you? 5:20
Also, I think some person sits behind a computer and hand picks the most unflattering frame for the previews on these videos, just to annoy me. *sigh*
I had plans to to work on some blog stuff and take a bath yesterday while the kids napped. I got Wyatt settled and then settled down to give Gwen a bottle before putting her in her crib. She was a little fussy, so I turned her over to burp her, and she did something she never does.
She snuggled against me and promptly fell asleep, her little hand resting on my chin.
I had so much I wanted to get done, but I could't bear to move her. It's rare enough to have her fall asleep in my arms, but I know she's on the downward slope. It's only a matter of time before she never falls asleep withme again. I've got some time I think, but you never know when they are just going to stop. They grow up when you aren't looking.
So I sat there. I looked at her little feet, crossed at the ankles. I looked at her tiny, perfect fans of eyelashes. I tried not to move so she wouldn't take her hand off my chin. I noticed her sweet little breath blowing against my face.
Her hand finally dropped, and I sat there, her warm little body snuggled up against my side. I watched a couple reruns of Family Matters and Say Yes To The Dress. I just wasted an hour.
It was time well wasted.
Before long she stirred. She opened her eyes and reached out her tiny fingers and started to play with my wedding ring.
She started to get squirmy, so I put her down in her crib so she could still get her full nap.
I had other posts I was going to share today, but this seemed more important. It seemed like the better thing to do to record all the details of this small, sweet moment. When I'm 40-something, and my Ruby Girl is headed off into the world, I'll think back on moments like this. And I might cry, but I'll be happy too. Because the memories are a gift.
For now, this was just a good reminder to slow down. To take time to notice the details.
What perfect presents from God these little lives are.
The next linkup will be on August 7th and the theme will be . . .
Mom and Me
So get someone else to take a picture of you with your kiddo this time! You can wear outfits that go together or not, up to you, just post a picture with you in it too!
Now it's your turn! Link up your "Under $25" outfits below!
1. Every other week we'll have a different outfit/style theme, so just post something related to kids' clothes within the theme.
2. We'll be hosting the link-up bi-weekly, and we will announce the theme ahead of time so you have a week or two to snap some pictures or search out some cute clothes that fit the theme!
3. Please follow Allison and me, either through GFC, Bloglovin, or on Twitter.
Allison - GFC/Bloglovin/Twitter
Callie - GFC/Bloglovin/Twitter
4. Please link back to either Allison or me in your post, or grab the link-up button for your post or sidebar!
Highlight text and press CTRL-C to copy.
5. If you want to participate on Twitter or Instagram, just include the hashtag #frommykidscloset.
6. Keep post content G-rated. This is a kids' style link-up. We will remove any links that we deem inappropriate. Knowing you all, I doubt this will be a problem, but we have to say it!
I'm separating out my post from the link-up post this week, so scroll up to the most recent post to link up!
Unfortunately I had been feeling weird all week, and the day before we left I figured out that I had Shingles. Shingles! I thought I was too young for Shingles, but apparently not. It started out with weird shooting pains in my ear area, then developed into painful swollen lymph nodes and a tingling scalp, and then on the day before we left I finally developed an itchy/painful rash.
It was pretty awful. My doctor told me I'd probably have a mild case since I was so young, but if that was a mild case I'd hate to have a severe case! It hurt! I had to use calamine lotion for the itch (which made my hair all greasy because it was mostly all through my scalp) and I stayed on my tylenol and anti-virals the whole time.
Thankfully after the first couple days I started to feel alot better, but it made for a stressful start to our trip. But no way was I going to cancel, so on July 4th we left for my grandma's house! We stopped in the town where she lives and walked around a carnival and got ice cream first.
Later at my grandma's house in our patriotic garb for the 4th of July!
The next day we kind of just hung around my grandma's house, and then we went into town for dinner that night. We wanted to take Wyatt to splash in the river, but the weather ended up being a little rainy, so we just walked by the water instead.